Protecting Wealth And Creating Legacies
Estate planning, estate and trust administration, fiduciary litigation, guardianships and conservatorships, charitable giving, and estate and gift tax planning
Comprehensive Estate Planning And Fiduciary Litigation Throughout St. Charles, St. Louis, Warren, Lincoln And Pike Counties In Missouri
Protect Your Assets In Changing Times
The only constant is change, but changing times could have unintended consequences if you do not have an appropriate estate plan in place. At the Schormann Law Firm, LLC, We focus on preserving your legacy. We provide counsel and advice to help you assess your finances and goals to determine the best method to preserve your wealth and provide financial stability for your family’s future. We also provide seasoned probate representation you can rely on when your loved one passes.
We provide the full scope of estate planning and probate representation for:
- Basic Estate planning: From simple to complex estate planning for all individuals and families, including wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, financial and medical powers of attorney.
- Complex Estate planning: Lifetime and testamentary planning, including irrevocable life insurance trusts, GRATs, charitable planning and intentionally defective trusts.
- Estate and trust administration: Guidance and legal advocacy for trustees and personal representatives, through all stages of administration.
- Fiduciary Litigation: Guidance and legal advocacy for fiduciaries facing a Will Contest or Trust Contest, for beneficiaries in protecting their rights in an estate or trust, and representing parties in disputed guardianship or conservatorship proceedings.
- Beneficiaries: Legal representation to safeguard your rights after the death of a loved one.
- Asset protection: Establishing irrevocable trusts to safeguard a portion of your wealth from future unforeseen creditors.
- Business formations and succession planning: Proactive planning ensures your business is positioned to carry on in the right hands.
Professional and personable, our attorneys will help you understand the legal options you have available to ensure your wishes are carried out.
Estate Plans And Trusts Are Not Just For Multimillionaires
It can be difficult to imagine what happens to your family if you suddenly die or become incapable of caring for yourself. But without proper estate planning, your family may have to go to court for legal authority to conduct your financial affairs if you are unable to do so on your own. Your medical choices for end of life care may not be known, causing your family grief and confusion. Distribution of your personal property and real estate may be according to the state’s probate laws, and not to the beneficiaries you had intended if you have not made the appropriate arrangements. Your family could face tax burdens or harsh disputes in court.
Whatever your lot in life, there are myriad reasons for estate planning, even if it is difficult to think about. Working with experienced estate planning attorneys can help you see all the angles, including tax minimization and providing for the needs of your underage heirs and beneficiaries.
Why Create A Trust?
Depending on your circumstances, a trust can provide you with a mechanism to protect your loved one from mismanagement of an inheritance, protect minor beneficiaries from receiving assets too quickly, and insure assets are available to beneficiaries when and on the terms you want.
Legal Services And Advocacy Tailored For Your Needs
Missouri’s probate and tax laws can be confusing. Who do you appoint as a personal representative of your will or trustee of your trust? What if you think your heirs may not be able to handle the fiduciary responsibilities? Gifting strategies can be difficult when emotions and family history are involved.
As a highly experienced trust, estate planning and probate attorneys, we understand families and we know the law. We stay current with state and federal changing estate, probate and tax laws to provide the most up-to-date information for our clients. We provide assertive litigation when estate disputes arise.
Call the office of Schormann Law Firm, LLC, today at 636.875.7653 to schedule an appointment. You may also email us through this website.
A well-developed estate plan can give you peace of mind knowing that you have provided for yourself and your family no matter what may happen.